Showing Collections: 81 - 90 of 598
This collection contains one scrapbook of American Civil War memorabilia (such as postcards, currency, bonds, envelopes, and other records) and one 1864 issue of the Chronicle & Sentinel, a newspaper printed in Augusta, Georgia. The bulk of the collection’s materials are dated from 1861 to 1865.
This collection contains student index cards from 1942-1943 including small sections of students killed, missing, imprisoned, and taking part in the helicopter program. Cards typically contain name of student, address, date, and sometimes whether the student had passed CAA, was waiting for the next screening, took what course when, as well as membership in Army/Navy; most cards are mental examination registration cards labeled 'CPT' (Civilian Pilot Training) Tufts College.
This collection contains a time capsule the Class of 1883 created of material that was pertinent to their class or symbolic of their times. The Class of 1883 buried the Class Day Box on campus and then dug it up at their 50th reunion in 1933. At the reunion, the Class of 1883 added newspapers, programs, and other memorabilia to the time capsule. This collection includes class manuscripts, programs, newspapers and a school publication, photographs, coins, a report, and a course catalog.
This collection contains currency, loans, bonds, and a stamp by the Confederate States of America, and two Civil War currency notes from Virginia banks.
This collection includes individual newspaper issues from the East Coast from publications such as The New England Courant, The Boston Gazette, and The National Democrat, as well as one broadside by Gerrit Smith, regarding enslaved persons, slavery, and indentured servants.
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, inventories, photographs, clippings, and memorabilia documenting aspects of the career of P.T. Barnum and Barnum's relationship with Tufts University. The materials date from 1818-2009.
This collection contains a bound volume of maps of the Battle of New Orleans, contracts between Tufts College and Thomas Whittmore (the grandson of Reverend Thomas Whittmore, a Universalist minister and Trustee of Tufts College), correspondence, newspaper clippings and newspapers, and biographical sketches of Reverend Thomas Whittmore and his grandson. Correspondence also includes letters to Rev. Thomas Whittemore from Thomas Jefferson.
This collection contains the semi-annual publication of Tufts University College of Engineering from 1981 to 1993. Articles on research, programs, students, faculty and alumni of the College of Engineering.
This collection contains the course catalog for teachers and adults interested in cultural advancement. Published quarterly by College of Special Studies.
- Onsite: Onsite X
- University history 81
- Alumni collections 63
- Student life 60
- Tufts University -- History 47
- Faculty papers 36
- Student Activities -- Student Government, Clubs, and Organizations 31
- Student Affairs and Services 23
- Student activism 22
- Curriculum and Instruction -- Academic Departments and Programs 18
- Curriculum and Instruction 15
- Curriculum and Instruction -- Academic Centers and Institutes 14
- Foreign affairs 14
- Curriculum and Instruction -- Teaching Material 13
- Alumni and Alumni Relations 12
- Curriculum and Instruction -- Faculty 11
- Facilities 11
- Student Activities -- Performing Arts 11
- Alumni and alumnae 10
- Civil War 10
- Faculty research 10 + ∧ less
- School of Arts and Sciences 22
- Miller, Russell E. 16
- Tufts University 16
- Office for Campus Life 14
- Media Advocacy Board 13
- Tufts College 13
- School of Dental Medicine 12
- School of Medicine 12
- Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy 11
- Alumni Relations 10
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine 10
- Tufts Medical Center 9
- School of Engineering 8
- Tufts University Alumni Association 8
- Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy 7
- Human Resources 7
- Dean of Student Affairs 6
- Tisch Library 5
- University Advancement Division 5
- Digital Collections and Archives 4 + ∧ less