Theta Delta Chi, Kappa Charge Records
Scope and Contents
This collections contains photographs, publications, memorabilia, correspondence, and web crawls related to the Theta Delta Chi Fraternity, Kappa Charge at Tufts.
- Creation: 1856 -- 2016
- Theta Delta Chi, Kappa Charge (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material in this collection may be protected by copyright and other rights. Please see “Reproductions and Use” on the Digital Collections and Archives website for more information about reproductions and permission to publish. No documentation is available regarding the intellectual property rights in this collection.
Biographical / Historical
The Kappa Charge of Theta Delta Chi was founded at Tufts College in 1856 by Augustus E. Scott. Scott was a member of the Zeta Charge at Brown prior to entering the Class of 1858 at Tufts during his Sophomore year. Future Tufts College President Elmer H. Capen was also among the founding members of the fraternity. Kappa is the oldest Theta Delta Chi charge in continuous existence.
The Theta Delta Chi magazine, the "Shield," was revived at Tufts by Kappa charge members Edwin A. Start and E.W Powers.
In 1893, a house for the fraternity was erected at 123 Packard Avenue from design by the Boston architect, J.P.Rinn.
0.8 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
1 Web sites
This collection is organized into two series: Theta Delta Chi records and memorabilia; and Web crawls.
The majority of this collection was compiled by Russell Miller as part of his "Activities and Organizations" collection (See UA024) with additional materials donated by Leonard F. Lombardi, Class of 1952.
This collection is processed.
Web sites were crawled by Archive-It. Web crawl information updated in finding aid annually.