Skip to main content

Tufts Combined Catalogs, Bulletins, and Course Announcements

 Collection
Call Number: UP005

  • Ask a Question

Scope and Contents

This collection contains the bound Catalogs, Bulletins, and Course Announcements from 1856 to 1970 of Tufts College. In 1956, the bulletin changed name to reflect Tufts University and the individual schools. Volumes include school descriptions, degree requirements, course descriptions, and entrance requirements. Early volumes include the roster of trustees, faculty, staff, and enrolled students. After 1970, individual school bulletins were no longer bound together.

DCA is missing the catalog for the 1918-1919 academic year; it may never have been printed.

Dates

  • 1854 -- 1970

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement

This collection is organized into one series.

Extent

70 Volumes

Biographical / Historical

In 1851, a Board of Trustees was nominated by the subscribers to replace the temporary Board created at the 1847 Educational Convention of the Universalist Church. The new Board selected a site and drew up the governing rules for the new College.

Processing Information

This collection was renamed and reprocessed in Fall 2011 by Erin Faulder, casual employee, and supervised by Veronica Martzahl, records archivist, in order to provide greater clarity between bulletins and catalogs.

Processing status

This collection is processed and open for research

Repository Details

Part of the Digital Collections and Archives, Tufts University Repository

Contact:
35 Professors Row
Tisch Library Building
Tufts University
Medford Massachusetts 02155 United States
617-627-3737