Skip to main content

Phi Delta and Sigma Nu Fraternity Records

 Collection
Call Number: UA194

  • Ask a Question

Scope and Contents

This collection consists of subject files, artifacts, and web crawls related to the Phi Delta and Sigma Nu fraternities. The subject files contain photographs, correspondence, and an annual report.

Dates

  • 1930 -- 2016

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Some material in this collection may be protected by copyright and other rights. Please see “Reproductions and Use” on the Digital Collections and Archives website for more information about reproductions and permission to publish.

No documentation is available regarding the intellectual property rights in this collection.

Arrangement

This collection is organized into two series: Phi Delta/Sigma Nu Fraternity and Web crawls.

Extent

0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)

1 web_sites

Biographical / Historical

The Tufts Phi Delta chapter was founded in 1915. It was a local chapter only and not affiliated with the national organization. Phi Delta discontinued in 1938 due to the Depression and was reformed in 1948. In 1950, Phi Delta became the Zeta Eta chapter of Sigma Nu.

Processing Information

Foldered materials removed from the Russell Miller subject collection, Activities and Organizations. Sigma Nu tile donated by Robert B. Spence, son of Robert A. Spence class of 1935. Subject Folders were removed from the Russell Miller subject files, Activities and Organizations (UA024).

Web sites were crawled by Archive-It. Web crawl information updated in finding aid annually.

Processing status

This collection is processed.

Repository Details

Part of the Digital Collections and Archives, Tufts University Repository

Contact:
35 Professors Row
Tisch Library Building
Tufts University
Medford Massachusetts 02155 United States
617-627-3737