Women's Club Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence, meeting minutes, financial records, membership lists, scrapbooks, materials relating to the international student hosting program, and program advertisements from the Women's Club. Documentation for the formation and closure of the club is also present in the form of initial bylaws, application for non-profit status, and votes regarding the closure of the club.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1934 -- 1984
- Creation: 1917 -- 2000
- Women's Club (Organization)
Language of Materials
This collection contains some restricted material. Restrictions related to specific material are listed in the detailed contents list. This collection may require review before it is available for use. Please contact DCA for further details.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material in this collection may be protected by copyright and other rights. Please see “Reproductions and Use” on the Digital Collections and Archives website for more information about reproductions and permission to publish.
No documentation is available regarding the intellectual property rights in this collection.
Biographical / Historical
The Women's Club was founded in 1908. Organized by wives of the faculty, its purpose was to foster relationships among women in the Tufts community, and further the interests of the University. The club organized various social events and programs such as collecting donations for soldiers during World War I. They also provided scholarships to female students at Tufts. To raise money for the scholarship, the club hosted a Jumbo fair and auction that featured books, crafts, and other items for sale. In addition, the club hosted the International Students Host program with the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy. Incoming international students would stay with a host family and attend events welcoming them to Tufts. The club was officially dissolved in 1985, but former members continued working with the Fletcher Host program.
2.14 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
This collection is organized in three series: Administrative and financial records; Program and activity records; and Unprocessed accessions.
When folders did not have a title, archivist added titles in brackets. No original order was discernible; folders were arranged alphabetically by archivist. Processed by Holly Smith, May & July 2007, supervised by Susanne Belovari, archivist.
This collection is partially processed