Theta Delta Chi, Kappa Charge
- Existence: 1856
The Kappa Charge of Theta Delta Chi was founded at Tufts College in 1856. Kappa is the oldest Theta Delta Chi charge in continuous existence.
The Kappa Charge of Theta Delta Chi was founded at Tufts College in 1856 by Augustus E. Scott. Scott was a member of the Zeta Charge at Brown prior to entering the Class of 1858 at Tufts during his Sophomore year. Future Tufts College President Elmer H. Capen was also among the founding members of the fraternity. Kappa is the oldest Theta Delta Chi charge in continuous existence.
The Theta Delta Chi magazine, the "Shield," was revived at Tufts by Kappa charge members Edwin A. Start and E.W Powers.
In 1893, a house for the fraternity was erected at 123 Packard Avenue from design by the Boston architect, J.P.Rinn.
- Augustus E. Scott
- Winsor B. French
- Obed C. Turner
- William E. Gibbs
- Elmer H. Capen
- Horatio McIntire
- Elam Porter
- Benjamin K. Russ
- Oscar G. Sawyer
The first charge of Theta Delta Chi was established at Union College, Schenectady, New York in 1846.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collections contains photographs, publications, memorabilia, correspondence, and web crawls related to the Theta Delta Chi Fraternity, Kappa Charge at Tufts.