Forsyth School for Dental Hygenists
- Existence: 1916 -- 2002 - 2002
The Forsyth School for Dental Hygenists, the second school of its kind in the country, was established in 1916, and its first class was graduated in September, 1917. In 1949, the school has became affiliated with Tufts University. It's not clear when the Forsyth School severed its connections with Tufts. Since 2002, the Forsyth School has been affiliated with the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
The Forsyth Dental Infirmary for Children, the first institution of its kind in the world, was established in 1910, as a philanthropic center of education, and research. It aims not only to provide dental care for children, but also to maintain a stimulating atmosphere for the interchange of ideas, and to further studies leading to the prevention of oral disease.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains the Catalog of the Forsyth School for Dental Hygienists.