Balch Arena Theater
- Existence: 1991
The Balch Arena Theater was constructed in 1991 as part of the Aidekman Arts Center. It was named for Marston Balch, professor of Dramatics at Tufts for thirty-seven years. The Balch Arena Theater provides a space for drama productions in the round, a format pioneered by Balch at Tufts.
The Balch Arena Theater in its current location is the reincarnation of the original Arena Theater, located between and slightly to the south of Pearson Hall and Jackson Gym. This theater building, which had been in continuous use since 1909, was destroyed upon completion of the Aidekman Arts Center.